I’d like to address the subject of church website design and hosting today. You may have questions about it and aren’t sure how it all works. Let’s talk!
When you have a website, you have to have it hosted somewhere. What does that mean? Web hosting makes it possible for your website to be viewed all across the web. You can think of it as a web host provides the place for your online presence to be housed. Without hosting, you can have a great site and no one will see it.
Along with church website design, we offer hosting with a very reliable company. There are many hosting companies out there, so you have a lot to choose from, but choose wisely. Here’s some things to consider when selecting a hosting company.
- Reliability – get a recommendation from someone who has used the service for quite some time. Ask if there’s been much “downtime” – a good web host will provide dependable service. Also find out how long they have been in business – you don’t want to be the “guinea pig.”
- Enough disk space – as a church, you will need enough room to host your sermons and possibly other audios or videos. Make sure you’re getting what you’ll need.
- Price – hosting doesn’t have to break the bank, but you don’t want to go just for “cheap” either. You normally get a break if you sign up for multiple years of hosting.
- Technical support – we have always chosen companies that offer 24/7 phone technical support. I don’t know about you, but if there’s a problem, I don’t want to wait until they get my email, and then then send one back when they can. I want to be able to pick up the phone and speak with someone.
- Speed – it’s important for your site to load quickly. In today’s fast paced world, if people have to wait around, they leave. A good quality web hosting company will ensure fast loading pages.
We Can Help
You may be thinking that you wouldn’t know how to explain or present a problem if you were having one. The technical aspect may not be your thing. That’s where we come in! We offer different pricing options when we design your church website. Two of the three options will “buy” our support, which means we will deal with the hosting company for you should the need arise. The price includes the cost of hosting, support, and updates to your website software so that it stays current and secure.
When you choose an option that includes hosting, we will sign you up with the company that we have used for years and been very happy with. They offer great technical support, have been around for over ten years, and have very little downtime.
You don’t have to burden yourself with the technical tasks – leave it to us.
By Laurie Neumann